Dr. G. Tipton McKnight joined Center for Sight in 1992 and is a board-certified ophthalmologist whose academic background includes fellowships at the University of Utah and the University of South Florida. Dr. McKnight’s specialties include cataract surgery, LASIK vision correction, cornea and external diseases.
Dr. McKnight recently started performing the iLink procedure (Cross-linking) for patients with progressive keratoconus. iLink™ is the only FDA-approved cross-linking procedure that slows or halts progressive keratoconus to help preserve patients’ vision.
- Gulf Breeze
- Board Certification, American Board of Ophthalmology,1991.
- Fellowship, Corneal and External Disease, University of South Florida, Tampa, FL, 1990-1992.
- Ophthalmology Residency, University of South Florida, Tampa, FL, 1987-1990.
- Internship, Internal Medicine, Earl K Long Memorial Hospital, Baton Rouge, LA 1986-1987.
- Center for Intraocular Lens Research, University of Utah Fellowship,1987.
- Doctor of Medicine, Louisiana State University, Shreveport, LA, 1982-1986.
- Bachelor of Science, Louisiana State University, Shreveport, LA, 1980-1982.